Wednesday, May 02, 2007

xcopy- Batch File?

Yahoo! Answers - Batch File?: "Batch File?

In a batch file, I'm trying to copy all files from a particular folder on a shared drive to a specific folder on everyones computer. The following was an attempt:

Copy S:\Example\Folders\*.* C:\Program Files\Folder Name\ /-y

If the source is from anywhere on the C: then the code works with spaces in the folder name, but when I'm taking things from the S: then it wold works if the destination contains NO spaces in the folder names:

S:\Example\Folders\*.* C:\ProgramFiles\FolderName\ /-y

What do I need to do to make it copy to folders with spaces in the name?
Additional Details

4 weeks ago
How many spaces are in that versions before the tild?

4 weeks ago
THANKS that worked
4 weeks ago - 2 answers - Report Abuse
Add/Save

* Add to private Watchlist
* Save to My Web
* Add to Del.icio.us
* Add to My Yahoo!
* RSS


Show who starred



Loading...


Kevin
Member since: January 30, 2006
Total points: 229,842 (Level 7)
Points earned this week:
--% Best answer

Kevin
http://login.yahoo.com/?.pd=c%3d1MKJL2Wp2e6fd5g2kpFG6jM-&.intl=us&.src=knowsrch&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fanswers.yahoo.com%2Fquestion%2Findex%3Fqid%3D20070"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home